InterContinental Hotels Group
Get set up for success with InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) TripLink
TripLink Initial Set Up
1. Update your TripLink Discount Code:
To ensure that your travelers are getting your corporate negotiated rate when they book on IHG.com, you must enter your IHG TripLink Discount Code in the Concur administration tool.
Your IHG TripLink Discount Code is the IHG Corporate ID number (CorpID), which is not the same number that you use for GDS bookings. The Corporate ID number is 9-digits and numeric. It applies to all properties where contracted or discounted rates are available. If you do not know your company’s IHG Corporate ID number, ask the individual within your organization who manages the hotel/travel program. Or, email your IHG account manager and ask them to resend the Corporate ID number.
NOTE: If the code obtained is not 9-digits, insert zeros in front of the number to make it 9-digits.
If your company doesn’t have negotiated rates with IHG but would like to learn more, or if you are a TMC and your client would like to set up negotiated rates, please email email@example.com and ask for the IHG Corporate ID number. Be sure to include the company name in the request.
2. Update your travel policy for TripLink bookings:
Apply Concur travel policy notifications to bookings made directly on IHG.com, by travelers who have linked their Concur and IHG Rewards Club accounts. Please refer to the Configuration section of the TripLink User Guide to learn more.
Notify Your Travelers
Travelers need to be “connected” so their bookings sync with Concur and so they get negotiated rates on IHG.com. To get connected, a traveler needs to enter their IHG Rewards Club number into the Frequent Traveler Programs section of their Concur Travel Profile and enroll in My Travel Network. Travelers will receive a confirmation email from Concur to indicate a successful connection.
If your travelers need an IHG Rewards Club number, they can sign up through the IHG App Center Listing in Concur.
Traveler Communication Resources
When travelers connect, you have greater visibility. Use these communication resources to help your travelers connect!
1. Email Templates (Click below to download)
2. Update Your Concur Company Notes Section
When your travelers log into Concur Solutions, the Concur Company Notes are front and center, and a great way to communicate this important connection. You can modify this information and educate your travelers by following the instructions below:
First, access the Company Notes section in Concur Admin using the following steps:
- Concur Travel and Concur Travel & Expense customers: Admin > Travel > Travel Admin > Custom Text Tab
- Concur Expense customers: Expense Admin > Company Info
Then, cut and paste the following suggested text into the Company Notes section of your Concur Travel Admin.
Connect your IHG Rewards Club account with your Concur account by entering your IHG Rewards Club number in your Concur profile and enrolling in My Travel Network (click “I Agree” in the Frequent-Traveler Programs section of your travel profile). If you do not have a Rewards Club number, visit the IHG listing in the Concur App Center, and click on, “Need an Account?”
- Globally on www.ihg.com
Frequently Asked Questions
- Confirm that your TripLink discount code (IHG Corporate ID Number) is loaded into the TripLink Discount Code Field in Concur Admin. If it’s not loaded, please see the instructions at the top of this page.
- Travelers need to make sure their Concur and IHG Rewards Club accounts are connected by visiting the IHG App Center Listing.
- If your rates are loaded, and your travelers are connected, it is possible that you may not have a rate at the property your traveler is viewing.
- If all else fails, email TripLink@concur.com, your IHG account manager, or firstname.lastname@example.org.